2016 Cushing-Glasscock Graduate Award Call for Submissions
The Cushing Memorial Library & Archives and The Melbern G. Glasscock Center for Humanities Research invite applications for the 2016 Cushing-Glasscock Graduate Award.
This graduate research award is open to Texas A&M University graduate students in good standing. It supports projects in the humanities that are based on collections housed at the Cushing Memorial Library and Archives. One or two awards of up to $2,000 each will be made.
Applications will be evaluated by a faculty committee and judged in part on their effective use of materials housed at Cushing. Recipients must spend at least one month in residence at Cushing Library between June 1 and August 31, 2016, and they must deliver a short presentation on their projects during the Fall semester of 2016. A written copy of the project must be deposited in the Glasscock Center Library and Cushing Memorial Library and Archives.Deadline for applications is March 31, 2016.
Applications should be no longer than three single spaced pages, and they must contain the following information:
- Applicant’s name, address, phone number and email address
- Applicant’s major degree and department
- Names of applicant’s department chair and committee chair
- Applicant’s expected graduation date
- Proposed project title
- A statement describing the nature of the applicant’s research, its relationship to the humanities, and the materials at Cushing that will support the research
- A tentative bibliography of Cushing materials
Submit applications via email to Dr. David Z. Chroust (email@example.com) in the form of an attached MS Word file or PDF (preferred) or to:
Cushing-Glasscock Humanities Research Award
c/o Dr. David Z. Chroust
Cushing Memorial Library & Archives
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-5000